Amusement devices must have a permit to operate from Council and a current Certificate of Registration.
Amusement devices are regulated under the Amusement Device Regulations 1978.
This requires that all devices have a valid Certificate of Registration and that whenever they are operated they have a local authority permit (Regulation 11).
Download and complete a permit to operate a registered amusement device form [PDF 45KB]
Please note the following to help us process your application:
- Applications must be accompanied by a current Certificate of Registration and the application fee
- Applications for weekend inspections should be submitted before 5pm on Thursday
- Applications for other days should be submitted at least two days before the event
- Applications should state exactly where the intended amusement device site will be and include an “inspect-by” time and a contact telephone number
- Rides should not commence before the device has been inspected and the permit issued.
Fees for permits
All associated fees are detailed on the application form.
- Fees must be paid when the application form is submitted. They cannot be paid on-site on the day.
- Fees for permit applications are non-refundable
- Applications are not transferable to other dates outside those on the original application.