Setting up a new mobile food cart will mean dealing with a number of different departments at Council and other agencies.

They may be able to offer technical advice or information to help you decide whether to proceed with your business.

Christchurch City Council

Contact us on (03) 941 8999 and ask for the specific unit. 

Regulatory compliance

  • Food Safety and Health Licensing team for further information on food safety requirements
  • Enforcement Team for information on bylaws and signs.

Property unit

  • For advice on sites on streets.

Transport, green space and marketing units

  • For advice about sites in parks or reserves and Council organised events.

Christchurch Small Business Enterprise Centre

Contact Christchurch Small Business Enterprise Centre(external link) for advice on setting up and developing a small business: (03)366 9978.

WorkSafe NZ

Contact WorkSafe NZ(external link)  for occupational safety and health information and advice on employment health and safety requirements: 0800 030 040.