If you need to demolish, remove or relocate a building you may require building or resource consents.
You require a building consent to:
- demolish or remove a building if it is attached to another building or is over three storeys in height. (Refer to exemptions under the Building Act - Schedule 1(external link) if this applies to your situation)
- relocate a building to a new site.
You will also require resource consent to:
- remove or demolish a listed heritage building
- relocate a building onto the site of a heritage item
- relocate any building onto a site within the Lyttelton or Akaroa Character Area Overlay in the Christchurch District Plan
- relocate some types of building onto a site within other Character Area Overlays.
If you require a building consent, complete and submit the following application form and check sheet:
You may also need to fill out additional forms as specified on the application form or check sheet.
Refer to the Building Consents Fee Schedule.
Other useful information