If you need to demolish, remove or relocate a building you may require building or resource consents.
You require a building consent to:
- Demolish or remove a building if it is attached to another building or is over three storeys in height (refer to exemptions under the Building Act - Schedule 1 (external link) if this applies to your situation)
- Relocate a building to a new site.
You will also require resource consent to:
- Remove or demolish a listed heritage building.
- Relocate a building over 30 square metres to any zone within the Christchurch City Plan.
- Relocate any building to a zone within the Banks Peninsula Proposed District Plan.
If you require a building consent complete and submit (external link) the following application form and check sheet:
You may also need to fill out additional forms as specified on the application form or check sheet.
Refer to the Building Consents Fee Schedule.
Other useful information