We are constructing transport projects in the St Albans, Edgeware and Mairehau aimed at managing the expected traffic when the Christchurch Northern Corridor opens and improving connections for pedestrians and cyclists in the area.
Receive updates on traffic mitigation projects
The Christchurch Northern Corridor (CNC) is due to open in December 2020 and will help people to travel to and from the north of Christchurch by extending the Northern Motorway from QEII Drive and Cranford Street, through to Innes Road.
Further information about this project is available on the NZ Transport Agency website(external link).
Construction is underway
Construction is now underway with work currently focused on the following areas:
- Cranford Street and Sherborne Street - this includes the Cranford/Westminster intersection, the Cranford/Berwick intersection and installing new water mains between Berwick Street and Bealey Avenue. We are also doing significant work at the intersection of Sherborne Street and Bealey Avenue.
- The intersection of Warrington Street and Barbadoes Street.
- The intersection of Berwick Street and Forfar Street.
- The intersection of Barbadoes Street and Edgeware Road.
When travelling through the area we recommend sticking to the main roads such as Madras Street, Barbadoes Street and Hills Road where possible. We will be keeping traffic moving on these roads.
Thanks for your patience while we do this disruptive work. If you have any queries about the work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What have we been working on?
- Kerb on the southwest corner of the Barbadoes St/Warrington St intersection.
- Kerb on the southwest corner of the Westminster St/Cranford St intersection.
- Drainage is complete on the east side of Barbadoes St near the Warrington St intersection.
- Cable duct work at the Edgeware Rd/Barbadoes St intersection.
- The footpath on the northwest corner of the Bealey Ave/Sherborne St intersection.
What is coming up?
- Kerb pour and footpath preparation on the west side of Cranford St between Dee and Malvern streets.
- Drainage work at the Westminster St/Forfar St intersection.
- Work is moving to the northeast corner of the Bealey Ave/Sherborne St intersection.
- New stormwater drainage, kerb and channel, streetlight upgrades and new footpaths at the Barbadoes St/Canon St intersection. Canon St will be one-way heading west from Barbadoes St to Packe St while this work happens.