The following bylaws apply in the whole of the Christchurch City Council district (unless otherwise stated). Summaries of each bylaw are available from the links to the side of this page.
In 2006, the Banks Peninsula District Council was amalgamated with the Christchurch City Council. Some bylaws still cover the old district areas, rather than the whole of the new district. These bylaws are listed below.
Bylaws that only cover part of the district will eventually be reviewed. Any replacement bylaws will cover the whole of the district.
Christchurch City bylaws
Christchurch City Licensed Waste Handling Facilities Bylaw 2007 [PDF 37KB] Christchurch City Trade Waste Bylaw 2006 [PDF 128KB]
- Akaroa Urban Fire District [PDF 322KB]
- Brooklands Urban Fire District [PDF 63KB]
- Christchurch Urban Fire District [PDF 4.6MB]
- Diamond Harbour Urban Fire District [PDF 133KB]
- Governors Bay Urban Fire District [PDF 72KB]
- Little River Urban Fire District [PDF 68KB]
- Lyttelton Urban Fire District [PDF 138KB]
- New Brighton Urban Fire District [PDF 1.1MB]
- Sumner Urban Fire District [PDF 234KB]
Banks Peninsula bylaws
Bylaws for the Banks Peninsula District (formerly Banks Peninsula District Council).