We are committed to sustainable and inclusive procurement and working with our suppliers to achieve value for our city and residents.
Our procurement objectives support our vision to deliver value for money and also use our procurements as a force for good to advance the long-term wellbeing of our community.
Our procurement objectives
- Value for money: Our purchasing isn’t necessarily about the lowest price, for us, it’s about getting the best value for our city.
- Resource efficiency and greenhouse gas emission reduction: We want to work with our supplier base to reduce energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, solid waste generation and water use.
- Social responsibility: We want our procurement to contribute to our local communities and social wellbeing in Christchurch.
- Economic benefit: We want our procurements to make a positive economic contribution to our city.
- Ease of doing business: We want our purchasing decisions to be clear, consistent and easily understood by the market.
- Build and maintain a reputation for ethical behaviour and fair dealing: We want all our procurements to be fair, inclusive and encourage suppliers who are capable of providing the goods, services or works.
- Achieve the Council's strategic aspirations: We want all our purchasing to support the Council’s strategic framework.
- Promote opportunity, innovation and participation.
We're committed to sustainable outcomes.
We want to know about your focus on sustainability.
We've included 10 mandatory questions on sustainability in all our requests for documents (Rfx).
To help you understand what we looking for, check out our Sustainability Outcomes - Guide for Suppliers [PDF, 2 MB].