Council, 26 June 2015.
Council adopts its Revenue and Financing Policy under section 102 of the Local Government Act 2002.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out how each of Council’s Activities is to be funded – that is, who pays for what, and why. The Policy outlines:
- Available funding mechanisms (e.g. rates, fees, borrowing, etc.)
- Council’s funding considerations (i.e. the decision about how each Council Activity is to be funded and the process followed to reach that decision), including:
- funding of operating costs (i.e. the funding mix Council has chosen for each Activity’s operating costs), and
- funding of capital costs (i.e. the funding mix Council has chosen for each type of capital investment).
Note that the Revenue and Financing Policy simply sets out Council’s decision about how each Activity is to be funded, and the thinking behind that decision. The application of this Policy is set out elsewhere:
- Rates charges and definitions are set out in the Funding Impact Statement
- Fees and charges for all Activities are set out in the Fees & Charges Schedule
- Development Contributions are set out in the Development Contributions Policy
- Projected dollar revenues and costs for each Activity (and the Council as a whole) are set out in the Funding Impact Statement.
See the Revenue and Financing Policy from the 2018-2028 Long Term Plan [PDF, 1.6 MB] for full details.