The latest news on the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (CMUA).
Latest update: Monday 21 December 2020
- Two interactive question and answer sessions were held with tenderers last week. The tender process for the design and construction of the arena closes on 29 January 2021.
- LINZ published the Cashel Street and Lichfield Street road stopping public notice on 15 December 2020. As a result of this formal road stopping, it's recommended that traffic use the routes below.
- LINZ has surveyed Superlot 1 to finalise title amalgamation and some new easements that are required.
- The Three Waters street works has been completed, except for one minor sub-main in Barbadoes Street, which will be capped in January.
- Vodafone and Chorus fibre hauling is expected to be completed early in the New Year.
- Enable’s cutovers are now complete, with just some minor excavations required to cut redundant ducts and cables at the end of each street.
- Fencing of the site has begun, with Wilsons Hereford now fenced. The balance of fencing and site entry and exit gates will be completed in January 2021. More traffic signage will be erected in conjunction with the site gates.
- Orion has decommissioned the 11kV lines within the site. The removal of HV/LV assets, including street-lights, will start after the fencing is completed.
- The decontamination tender closes 22 January 2021, with it anticipated being awarded in March.
Recent news and announcements