Situated at the Akaroa Recreation Ground, the Sports Pavilion has a meeting area, full kitchen facilities and shower and changing rooms for sports teams.
COVID-19 update on parks and tracks
The Government is asking for everyone to stay at home. Their advice is that you can go for a walk or exercise outdoors for a short time, but to stick to simple walks or exercise spots close to home.
If using one of our parks, always stay two metres away from anyone not in your household. If you take your dog, please keep it on a leash at all times to help avoid contact with other dogs. Take your dog poo home and dispose of it in your red bin.
Where there are gates and latches in parks, please avoid using your hands to open and close them. If gates are off their hinges or left open, please leave them as you find them.
Cemeteries are open for pedestrian access only.
The following are closed:
- Public toilets.
- Playgrounds, play equipment or exercise equipment in parks.
- The Botanic Gardens.
- Car parks within parks.
- Visitor and information centres.
- The Spencer Park animal area and fenced dog parks.
- All Council-owned sports facilities
Unite Against Covid-19, visit covid19.govt.nz
The Akaroa Sports Pavilion is available to hire for small private functions, meetings and sports team use. Contact us for bookings and enquiries.
- Commercial/social: $211 for 480 minutes
- Commercial/social: $107 for 240 minutes
- Community/charity: $31.00 for full day
- Community/charity: $22.00 for half day
||60 standing or 40 seated.
|Conditions of Hire
- The organisers shall absolve the Council from any liability whatsoever relating to the booking of the above area
- All park bylaws must be complied with
- Please carry your booking confirmation with you in case other visitors are using the space. If there is any confusion with other visitors, please call the 24-hour call centre on 03 941 8999 to be directed towards the duty ranger
|Hours of Hire
- Available for hire: 8am to 12am, 7 days a week
- Keys can be picked up or dropped off at the Akaroa Service Centre, 78 Rue Lavaud, Monday to Friday, 9am to 12.30pm, 1.30pm to 5pm
- Full kitchen: microwave, oven, fridge, 2 electric jugs, 60 cup and saucer sets and a wall zip unit
- 7 formica tables (1200mm x 900mm) and 6 folding tables (2400mm x 900mm)
- 37 padded stacking chairs
- Shower and changing facilities
- Cleaning equipment: vacuum, mop and broom
- Screen for meeting areas
- 5 wall fan heaters
- You will need to bring your own tea towels and dishwashing supplies for the kitchen
- Cleaning equipment is stored by the accessible toilet
- There are no rubbish bins in Regional Parks, including Travis Wetland. All groups will need to supply their own rubbish bags and take their rubbish away
||No vehicles are permitted on the park but parking is available immediately adjacent to the building.
|Health and Safety
- The hirer is to accept responsibility for leaving the above area in a clean and tidy condition after use and for any damage resulting from use of the facility
- Smoke generating equipment and naked flames are not permitted
- Read more about hiring a council community facility
|Changes and Cancellations
- If you have any changes to your booking, please notify us as soon as possible. Any changes in hire times will need to be confirmed as other users may be booked in
- Please note we require seven working days notice of cancellation to obtain a refund, phone 03 941 8999
- The Christchurch City Council reserves the right to cancel any bookings due to circumstances beyond its control