Each year our city benefits from the service of volunteers and others who go above and beyond the call of duty for Christchurch and its people. We recognise these valued contributions with our annual Civic Awards.
Nominations are closed for 2021
All successful nominations will be contacted once the judging process has been completed.
The criteria for judging sets out some guidelines for the Committee and recommends a process for judging that allows for clarity and accountability:
- Judging panel cannot act as a nominator.
- The Council, as a body, may not submit nominations, although nominations may be submitted by councillors and community board members as individuals.
- Each nomination will be judged on its own merit against the following criteria:
- Work of a substantial nature is defined as short-term or long-term projects or activities that have benefited the city in such a way as to have added to the quality of life of the residents.
- Each nomination is considered in the way it benefits the metropolitan area of Christchurch. Metropolitan means the area encompassing the east coast, the boundaries of Selwyn District Council, Waimakariri District Council and Banks Peninsula District Council.
- Nominations may be made for individuals and organisations whose work, usually of a voluntary capacity, is considered to have made an impact on the city of Christchurch.
- No award recipient will be eligible to receive both a Civic Award and a Community Board Award in the same year.