The Fendalton Waimairi Ward area includes the suburbs of Merivale, Strowan, Fendalton, Bryndwr, Burnside, Bishopdale, Harewood, Avonhead, Russley, Yaldhurst and McLeans Island.
- 56,169 residents and 21,078 occupied dwellings
- 11 Council social housing complexes
- 18 primary schools, 4 intermediate schools and 6 high schools
- 1 hospital (St George's) and 15 medical centres
- 2 Council libraries (Fendalton and Bishopdale)
- Approximately 3,800 businesses employing 20,000 people
- Major sport and recreation amenities: Orana Wildlife Park, Jellie Park Recreation and Sports Centre, Bishopdale YMCA
- Major shopping centres: Bishopdale Mall, Merivale Mall, Fendalton Mall, Avonhead Mall, and Fendalton Village
- 9 neighbourhood facilities ( Council community centres, halls and cottages)
- 7 residents groups and 2 business associations
- There are approximately 181 community organisations providing community support and sport and recreation in the area.
- There is one Council supported community organisation network that meets on a bi-monthly basis.
- As at November 2014 there are 70 community projects operating that are funded through the Fendalton Waimairi Community Board.
- Community Board sponsored projects include: Community Garden Pride Awards; Neighbourhood Week; Community Conversations; Avice Hill Arts and Crafts Festival; Culture Galore Event; Youth Development Fund.