The Creative Communities Scheme supports and encourages local communities to create and present diverse opportunities for accessing and participating in arts* activities within their specific geographical area as well as for defined communities** of interest.
* Under the scheme, "the arts" is defined as "all forms of creative and interpretative expression".
** A community may be based around a place, a cultural tradition, or commonly held interests or experience.
- Have an arts or cultural focus.
- Take place within Christchurch and or benefit the city.
- Benefit local communities.
- Not have started before an application for funding has been assessed.
- Not have been funded by Creative New Zealand for the same purpose.
- Projects must meet at least one of the following funding criteria:
- create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities
- support diversity in the arts and cultural traditions
- enable and encourage young people (under 18 years of age) to engage with and actively participate in the art
How to apply
View the applicants guide [PDF 246KB]
There are two closing dates a year:
- August 24th (for projects commencing after 1 November that year).
- February 24th (for projects commencing after 1 May that year).
The Creative New Zealand Creative Communities Funding Scheme is available to submit online.
Community Grants Administrator
Phone: (03) 941 8999