Sign of the Kiwi Toll Gate.
On Summit Road adjacent to cattle stop, below Sign of the Kiwi rest house.
Volcanic rock pillar and wall with hardwood timber top and lantern. A remnant of the Toll Gate established by Harry Ell in 1922 to raise funds for the construction and maintenance of the road to Kennedys Bush. Includes a brass plaque.